Authentic Hawaiian Side Dishes to Pair with Hula Sauces
Find sauces to compliment the best Authentic Hawaiian side dishes of the summer. It’s easy, breezy and fun to cook like the Islanders. Prepare food for a special occasion or jazz up your weekly meal plan with some fresh ideas, inspired by Hula Restaurant and Sauce Co.!
7 Scrumptious Authentic Hawaiian Side Dish Ideas
- Hawaiian Wonton Tacos
The final touch to mouth-watering crispy wonton tacos stuffed with tender shredded pork is an amazing barbeque sauce that moistens up the whole deal with sweet succulence. Tacos are always great finger food, so they can cover both as main dish or side dish, depending on whatever your needs are!
- Hawaiian Chicken
Keep your dinner table guests happy with some lip-smacking chicken side dishes. Throw a chicken, 1 can of pineapple, and one bottle of some of our fantastic barbeque sauce into a crockpot, and you won’t have to think about side dishes again while you work on the main meal. This is a great timesaver if you’re preparing for a huge crowd and want a dish that will keep going and going.
Add a new favorite to your list of go-to side dishes! If you thought nothing could beat pineapple and nothing could beat grilling, then try the two together with the best teriyaki sauce on the market and see how the combination beats every side dish you’ve ever made!
Everyone expects a Hawaiian set table to be multi-colored and bright. Hawaiian pineapple, color-galore, fabulous taste, and plenty of teriyaki sauce – these kebabs have it all! Keep your table looking tropically vibrant with these great grilling sensations!
What sets off the summer full of beach days and picnic lunches better than a great pasta salad? Cook up your favorite pasta, add teriyaki sauce, mayo, chives, ham pieces, and oranges, and chill in the refrigerator before impressing your guests!
- Low-Cal, High-Color Salads
That’s right – you may have thought that adding a scrumptious mixed-vegetable salad with lots of greens was just for the health factor, but when it comes to making an authentic Hawaiian meal, it also serves to make the table look colorful and tropical! It’s also a great opportunity to use a yummy house dressing, guaranteeing that your salad will be a success!
- Sea Scallops
Offer that taste of fresh sea salt with a pinch of island ambience! Make a side dish of grilled sea scallops tossed with barbeque sauce for a real Authentic Hawaiian treat.
What Can I Serve with my Authentic Hawaiian Side Dishes?
Check out a few of our ideas for some wonderful main courses to complement your authentic Hawaiian side dishes.
- Deep fried filets of fish
- Lomilomi salmon
- Pulehu (barbequed steaks)
- Mahi Mahi (dolphinfish meat)
- Crab cakes
The Hula Sauce Advantage
David Rihl, founder of Hula Sauces and the brilliant chef behind our unbeatable recipes, got inspired when living in Hawaii on the North Shore of Oahu.
He started out in a lunch-truck called Oceanside Grill, serving local residents and tourists alike, when he finally decided to bring back some of Hawaii’s taste-experiences to mainland America. And it’s a good thing he did, because he’s been contributing top quality ingredients and genuine Hawaiian sauces to our tropical-island-themed tables ever since!
Other Opportunities to Serve Authentic Hawaiian Side Dishes
Here’s a list of occasions when going all out Hawaiian-style is a fantastic choice:
- Cool down when summer is feeling a little too hot. Going Hawaiian can bring a cool, beach-like ambience to the table. Add Hawaiian-inspired décor such as seashells, flowered leis, and zesty, colorful dishes to help your guests cool down and unwind.
- Barbeques are always popular, but adding a Hawaii theme can make them memorable. Give your guests a barbeque to remember years from now!
- Plan a staycation if you can’t travel this year. It doesn’t need to be a boring summer! All it takes is a little imagination, and you can bring Hawaii straight to your own picnic table. Hawaiian parties are a great way to cheer up and make a “staycation” at home feel relaxing. Get into the Hawaiian spirit and enjoy life today!
- Graduation parties, Hawaiian-themed, are a hit with young people. Graduations usually take place in the warmer months, when we’re already eating outdoors a lot and soaking up the sunshine. Go along with it and plan a party that’s as outdoorsy and sunny as you can get!
- Wedding receptions, especially at the beach, lend themselves beautifully to Hawaiian décor. Beachy, flowery, and natural all in one, there’s plenty of scope for imagination and creativity.
Have Fun and Enjoy your Authentic Hawaiian Side Dishes
No matter what your special occasion is, make sure it’s a success with the right side dishes and fresh ingredients! You can’t go wrong when you pick out one of our taste tested and proven sauces, tried and trusted by picky chefs in kitchens all over America. Have fun and enjoy your Authent