Impress Guests with Authentic Hawaiian Party Food
Throw a party Hawaiian-style with a delicious, island-inspired buffet. Whether you’re rooting for your team or celebrating a holiday, impress your guests with authentic Hawaiian party food!
Authentic Hawaiian Party Food Requires Sauce
It’s your turn to host the football party or family gathering at your house.
- Good news: You get to stay comfy at home and let the party come to you.
- Bad news: You need to plan for an amazing spread of crave-worthy food.
- Best Solution: Surprise friends and family with island flavors and take their minds off of the winter chill. Your culinary creativity will show when you fill your buffet with authentic Hawaiian party food.
Hula Restaurant and Sauce Company can speak with authority on the preparation and presentation of authentic Hawaiian party food. They offer a catering service, so they’ve been there and done that! There are so many tips to offer, but the secret weapon for achieving the right flavor is to use authentic Hawaiian sauces in your cooking. You can find sauces at the grocery store or various places online, but if you want to replicate the flavor of Hula Restaurant at the Jersey Shore, you’ll need a few bottles of Hula sauce for your party.
Hula Teriyaki Sauce
Hula Restaurant and Sauce Company carries a one of a kind Teriyaki Sauce made from soy with fresh apple and ginger added for flavor and aroma.
Before you get started on authentic Hawaiian party food, replace that bottle of store-bought teriyaki that’s probably been sitting in your fridge for years. Using a bad sauce or one with mediocre flavor would be a mistake. The ingredients you need for authentic Hawaiian party food are not cheap; so don’t take any shortcuts on seasoning. Hula Teriyaki Sauce is guaranteed to give your food just the right flavor. You can’t go wrong, and nothing will be wasted, whether you’re serving meats, fish, or vegetables. Your kids might really surprise you and love it!
Hula Hawaiian Style Barbecue Sauce
You will never look at barbecue sauce the same way after experiencing Hula’s Hawaiian Style Barbecue Sauce. It’s richer and more flavorful to be sure, but the presence of sweet pineapple will take your authentic Hawaiian party food to a whole new level.
This Hawaiian style Barbeque Sauce tastes wonderful on grilled meats, and it locks in the moisture that is essential to authentic Hawaiian entrees. This versatile BBQ sauce works great as a marinade, a glaze, a drizzle, or a dip. Instead of grabbing ranch dressing with your veggies, try this sauce on for size as a complimentary dip for fresh cut vegetables.
Hula Restaurant House Dressing
Your bowl full of fresh salad greens and lovely crisp vegetables really deserves more than just any old dressing from the shelf. Fall in love with salad all over again with a tangy new flavor that you won’t be able to resist. Hula’s authentic Hawaiian House Dressing will enhance your salad like nothing you’ve ever tasted.
This versatile house dressing also works as a delectable, flavorful marinade for poultry, pork and fish. Serve it warmed up as a dipping sauce for seafood. It’s hard to describe the flavor of Hula Restaurant’s house dressing… but once you try it, you will be hooked.
The popular proprietary line of authentic Hawaiian sauces by Hula Restaurant and Sauce Company is always evolving. The three classic sauces are a no-brainer, but check for their seasonal flavors and new additions. Whether you live at the Jersey Shore or live in Hawaii in somewhere in between, you can get the right flavors delivered to your door when you order online. Just give yourself enough time before your next house party goes down!
Authentic Hawaiian Party Food Ideas
A self-service buffet- frequently tended to and freshened up- is the ideal spread for hosting house parties. This type of setup leads to mingling and conversation, and makes for easier seating arrangements and cleanup. Guests enjoy leisurely noshing as they try one dish after another, going back for more of their favorites. Give them something to talk about with a few tantalizing authentic Hawaiian dishes flavored with authentic Hawaiian sauces.
Here are some ideas when you’re serving authentic Hawaiian party food:
- Decorate the buffet table with a simple centerpiece of strewn palm leaves, candles, pineapples and flowers. Don’t overdo it- you don’t want to crowd the table.
- Choose a diverse selection of foods. Include hot and cold options, sides and entrees, finger foods and fork options.
- Consider prepping individual serving-sized portions of mixed grill meats, peppers and onions marinated and grilled with Hula Teriyaki and Barbecue Sauces.
- Make sure you’ve got crisp lettuce for Hawaiian salads served with tropical dressing
- Go big on the fruit tray and decorate it with pineapple cubes or slices. Make a flower shape from sliced pineapples if you’re feeling creative.
- Cheese cubes are easy, and fit in easily with any authentic Hawaiian party food spread
- For your veggie trays, you can serve fresh cut vegetables or grilled spears, with hot or cold Hawaiian Barbecue or Hula House Dressing for dipping.
- Consistent with Hawaiian-style, line up some large bowls of warm rice, couscous, or pilaf for a base for guests to build on.
Hearty Recipes for Authentic Hawaiian Party Food
The formula for Hula’s authentic Hawaiian sauces is a trade secret, of course, but we can pass along a few recipes that we’ve found, to get your started on the right track.
Authentic Hawaiian Party Wings
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Mix ½ tsp. salt and 1 tbsp. baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add 10 chicken wings to the bowl and mix thoroughly. Use your hands.
- Place the wings on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes increase oven heat to 425°F and continue baking 40-45 minutes.
- When they are brown and crispy remove them from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Toss the wings in a liberal amount of sweet and tangy authentic Hawaiian barbeque sauce.
- Serve with additional sauce on the side. Get the Original Recipe
Authentic Hawaiian Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Change up your traditional pulled pork sandwiches by replacing your usual slow cooker barbecue sauce with Hawaiian style barbecue sauce. Add more intense flavor by topping with a pineapple slice. Or, you can top your pulled pork sandwiches with a spoonful of coleslaw dressed with Hula Restaurant’s house dressing. Get the Original Recipe
Authentic Hawaiian Pizza
Start with your preferred homemade pizza recipe, and then get creative. Prepare your pizza crust and brush lightly with a little olive oil. Spread tomato sauce thinly over the crust; don’t overdo the tomato sauce. Now add toppings.
Try these amazing options for Hawaiian Pizza:
- Cooked chicken, pork or shrimp pieces made with Hawaiian Barbecue or Teriyaki sauce
- Onions and peppers marinated and grilled with Hawaiian Barbecue or Teriyaki sauce
- Fresh or canned pineapple chunks
- A bit of cilantro
- Lightly top with fresh finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- Just before you slide the pizza into the oven, drizzle more Hawaiian sauce over the top
Bake at 425 until crust is lightly brown and cheese melts. Learn more about making Hawaiian Pizza
Get Saucy with Authentic Hawaiian Party Food!
Sweet and tangy authentic Hawaiian party food will have you boasting. With the secret sauce being Hula Teriyaki, Hawaiian-style BBQ, and Hula Restaurant house dressing, you’ll have even your toughest critics raving about the food. Remember, the saucier the better when it comes to authentic Hawaiian party food. Whether you’re glazing and smothering the entrees, or placing filled saucers around for dipping, make sure there’s plenty flavorful sauces for your guests.